Peacock Bass Fishing Adventure
This expedition is a private and fully accommodated 9-day adventure excursion to the middle of the rainforest jungle. You stay on a chartered river boat and go out day-to-day on smaller tributary boats to catch big fish, visit village families, and venture into the rainforest.
About the Trip
- Note: $2,000 reservation payment secures your spot at time of booking.
You now have the option to book and pay now (online), or you can book now (online) and pay later (by invoice). It's your choice.
- 6 days (or 6 1/2 days) of fishing (7 nights/8 days)
- Guided fishing/adventures (1 guide for every 2 people) w/ trolling motor & cooler
- Air-conditioned stateroom (bunk bed) w/ bathroom (double occupancy)
- Delectable meals (both Brazilian and American foods)
- Regional hors d' oeuvres, drinks, fruit juices, and water
- Free laundry service every day (no need to over-pack)
- Airport assistance and transfers (upon arrival in Manaus)
- Charter flights to/from Manaus to Rio Negro
- Hotel accommodations for one night in Manaus (if needed)
- Brazil fishing licenses
- Extra fishing rods, surface baits, subsurface lures, and other tackle, if needed.
Does Not Include
Note: Itinerary and other inclusions are subject to minor adjustments or change.
- International airfare and expenses to Manaus, Brazil
- Meals, city tours, and shopping in Manaus
- Tips, gratuities, and souvenirs
- Tourism visa (After January 10, 2024)
- Personal items and purchases
- Accommodations and expenses for extra days in Brazil
- Overweight luggage fees
- Credit card transaction fees
- Travel insurance
ItinerarySaturday: Arrive from your international flight to Manaus, Brazil (Eduardo Gomez International Airport) before 7:00am. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by our staff and accompanied to the hotel (Tropical Executive Hotel or similar). Subsequently, as time permits, you may wish to take a city tour of Manaus, visit the divided waters, swim with dolphins, visit the Amazon Opera House, shop in the open-air market, walk along the beach, or participate in other local events.
Sunday: After your complimentary breakfast, your group gathers in the hotel lobby and then transports to a small local airport (Eduardinho), where you catch a charter flight to Barcelos (or other destination) where the boat awaits you. Upon arrival, you will transport to the boat and meet your guides and crew. The voyage begins as you head off into the jungle tributaries of the Amazon. You may wish to fish a 1/2 day during the afternoon or simply relax and enjoy the cruise on the Rio Negro.
Monday-Friday: Five full days of adventure. Fish for peacock bass and catch up to 15 other species of exotic fish (one boat and guide for every two anglers). Explore the rainforest jungle; visit riverside villages, go bird watching, and observe wildlife.
Saturday: 1/2 day of adventure & fishing before porting. Eat lunch on boat one last time, then transport to riverside hotel where you will stay while awaiting plane (next morning). Explore small port city, enjoy restaurants, and shop for souvenirs.Sunday:
Fly from port city back to Manaus (Air Club or Eduardingho Airport) in morning. Then, fly back home (departing Manaus International Airport after 3:00pm), or extend your trip by relaxing in hotel, eating at a restaurant, touring city sites, or buying souvenirs. Post pictures on social media of your marvelous trip to the Amazon.
Making the News
Big Amazon Fish® is hosting this trip and is a 2008 Sportsmans News Platinum Approved Outfitter. Over the past years, they have been featured in the Salt Lake Tribune, Sportsmans News, Utah Outdoors, The Trailmaster, KNRS, Utah CEO, REI, and Business Q Magazine.
Big Amazon Fish® is recognized globally for their Fishin' with a Mission® program and their sustainable efforts.
After registering, you need to purchase international airfare. We connect you to one of our partner agents to help you get the best flight possible. Or you can book yourself, or with one of your own travel agents.
Trip Preparation Checklist
Here is the summary checklist of everything you'll need to finalize and prepare for when planning your trip:
- Register for trip (and pay reservation payment).
- Purchase airfare (review dates w/ us before finalizing)
- Purchase travel insurance (Allianca, Travelex, Global Rescue/IMG, etc.)
- Obtain a passport (or verify if current). Note: Passport cannot expire before 6 month after expiration date.
- Obtain tourism visa (after January 10, 2024).
- Pay remaining balance of trip
- Get Immunizations and Malaria medication (if recommended by doctor)
- Pack for trip (a PDF packing list will be sent to you)
As part of your trip, you have the option and opportunity to add a mini mission to your adventure expedition (Fishin' with a Mission®). The mission is structured, yet varies (by design) from trip to trip. The key to its success is your dedication to learning from the local families first, then, following up with action. It is unlike anything you'll ever experience. You will have the opportunity to truly influence your life and the lives of others in a meaningful and impactful way.
Call with Questions
If you have any questions, call 1.877.921.3474.
Invite Your Family & Friends to Book a Trip
Join us. This will be a trip of a lifetime.