This expedition is a private and fully accommodated 9-day adventure excursion to the middle of the rainforest jungle. You stay on a chartered river boat and go out day-to-day on smaller tributary boats to catch big fish, visit village families, and venture into the rainforest.
About the Trip
- $2,000 deposit is required when booking.
You now have the option to book and pay now (online), or you can book now (online) and pay later (by invoice). It's your choice.
- 6 days (or 6 1/2 days) of fishing (7 nights/8 days on yacht)
- Guided fishing (2 anglers/boat) w/ trolling motor & cooler
- Air-conditioned stateroom w/ bathroom (double occupancy)
- Delectable meals (both Brazilian and American foods)
- Regional hors d' oeuvres, drinks, fruit juices, and water
- Daily laundry service (no need to over-pack)
- Airport assistance and transfers (upon arrival in Manaus)
- Charter flights to/from Manaus to Rio Negro
- Hotel accommodations for one night in Manaus (if needed)
- Brazil fishing licenses
- Extra fishing rods, surface baits, subsurface lures, and other tackle (excluding soft baits), if needed.
Does Not Include
- International airfare and expenses to Manaus, Brazil
- Meals, city tours, and shopping in Manaus (1 day)
- Tips, gratuities, and souvenirs
- Passport and Brazil Visa
- Personal items and purchases
- Accommodations and expenses for extra days in Brazil
- Overweight luggage fees
- Credit card transaction fees
- Travel insurance
Fly from your home airport to to Manaus, Brazil (Eduardo Gomez International Airport). Upon arrival, you will be greeted by our staff and accompanied to the hotel (Tropical Hotel or Park Suites). Subsequently, as time permits, you may wish to take a city tour of Manaus, visit the Amazon Opera House, shop in the open-air market, visit the zoo, walk along the beach, or participate in other local events.
After your complimentary breakfast, your group gathers in the hotel lobby and then transports to a small local airport (Eduardinho), where you catch a charter flight to Barcelos (or other destination) where the boat awaits you. Upon arrival, you will transport to the boat and meet your guides and crew. The voyage begins as you head off into the jungle tributaries of the Amazon. You may wish to fish a 1/2 day during the afternoon or simply relax and enjoy the cruise on the Rio Negro.
Day 3 - Day 8:
Fish for world-record peacock bass and catch up to 15 other species of exotic fish (one boat and guide for every two anglers). Explore the rainforest jungle; visit native villages, go bird watching, and observe wildlife.
And, integrate a humanitarian mission with your adventure expedition.
Fly from jungle tributaries back to Manaus. Relax in Five Star Tropical Hotel, tour city sites, buy souvenirs, eat at fine Brazilian restaurant.
Depart Manaus on int'l flight back home (or extend trip to partnering Brazil destinations). Arrive home that morning and share stories of your exotic adventure in the Amazon.
As part of your trip, you have the option and opportunity to add a humanitarian mission to your adventure expedition. The mission is structured, yet varies (by design) from trip to trip. The key to its success is your dedication to learning from the local families first, then, following up with action. It is unlike anything you'll ever experience. You will have the opportunity to truly influence your life and the lives of others in a meaningful and impactful way.
Making the News
Big Amazon Fish® is hosting this trip and is a 2008 Sportsmans News Platinum Approved Outfitter. Over the past year, they have been featured in the Salt Lake Tribune, Sportsmans News, Utah Outdoors, The Trailmaster, KNRS, Utah CEO, REI, and Business
Big Amazon Fish® is recognized globally for their Fishin' with a Mission® program and their sustainable humanitarian efforts in conjunction with their 2008 launch of AdventureGiving.org.
After registering, you need to purchase international airfare. We connect you to one of our agents help you get the best flight possible. Or you can book with one of your own travel agents.
Trip Preparation Checklist
Here is the summary checklist of everything you'll need to finalize and prepare for when planning your trip:
Register for trip
Purchase airfare and travel insurance
Obtain a passport or verify if current
Obtain a Brazilian Visa
Pay remaining balance of trip
Get Immunizations and Malaria medication
Pack for trip
Call with Questions
If you have any questions, call 1.877.921.3474.